2016, as many would agree with me, was a wild year. Typically, I have liked to live day to day with no overall goals or any “5-year plans” (cue-eye roll), but this year that’s all changed. I’ve never really written down a resolution list other than the general “I will lose weight this year.” So let’s change that too!
- Go to the gym three times, EVERY WEEK. Along with this comes, stop making excuses, you lazy bum.
- Every time I think “I can’t do that!” to challenge myself to try to do that.
- Be more outspoken at work about my ideas and to not let one or two denials shut me down for future ideas.
- Stop letting my dog think she’s the alpha. Sorry Lexi, it’s time to crack down.
- Read 50 books! I think I read about 20 or so this year, but in all my free time that I waste on reality tv, video games, or stuffing my face for no reason other than boredom, I think I can squeeze in some time for reading.
- I think this has been kind of carried along for years now, but I want to define it. Be a better friend. To keep in touch more, to pay attention to details more, to call more, and to always pick up.
- Stop double-guessing myself.
- Devote time to developing this blog as a creative outlet, and be proud of my new found online voice. (Aka share with friends more and make a Facebook for it!!)
I think this is a good start, I might add more in the days coming up to New Years. That being said, do you share any of the same resolutions for 2017? Or maybe any tips?